This is an archived copy of the January 6, 2005, calendar.
Thursday, January 6th.
* 9:00 A.M. Washington, D.C. Rally & Vigil Outside FBI Headquarters.
* 10:00 A.M. Washington, D.C. (Lafayette Park). Defend Democracy Rally, featuring David Cobb and John Bonifaz.
* 10:30 A.M. Washington, D.C. (Lincoln Memorial). "Save Our Votes March" continues, marching to Capitol Hill.
* 11:00 A.M. Washington, D.C. March from Lafayette Park to Upper Senate Park on Capitol Hill.
* 12:00 Noon - 4:00 P.M. Washington, D.C. (Capitol Hill). Defend Democracy Rally and Vigil, featuring Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sr. and David Cobb.
* 4:00 P.M. Washington, D.C. Freedom Winter Bus Ride departs to Columbus, Ohio.
* Transportation notices for January 6th.
SPECIAL NOTE: January 6th is a critical date in American history. It is the last chance this country has to preserve its democracy. If Senators and Congresspeople do not stand up and do the right thing that day, democracy is over in the nation that introduced it to the modern world, and our descent into dictatorship will have been completed.
If the small group of ultra right wing traitors presently in control of the Senate, the House, the Presidency, the Judiciary, the Press, and the manufacture of deliberately unverifiable voting machines, is permitted to stage a second coup d'etat, there will never be "election reform"; this crowd has made it abundantly clear that it respects power, not law. It will have become impossible to rid our nation of this cancer through the electoral process.
For the reasons expressed above, I have decided that, as a matter of editorial policy, I will not list in this calendar any events subsequent to January 6th, unless they involve investigation, litigation, and/or prosecution of the abuses that were committed in Ohio in 2004, and will devote no space in this calendar or elsewhere in this blog to (a) generalized long range election reform, (b) 'counter-
inaugurals', or (c) attacks on the Bush administration's policies.
I urge everyone to stay focussed on the 2004 election, and to do everything he or she can between now and January 6th to fight for the true outcome of that election. This blog is replete with action memos and calls to action, full of ideas as to things we can do. Everybody who possibly can should go to the January 3rd rally in Columbus, Ohio, with Rev. Jesse Jackson, participate in the January 4th - January 6th "Selma to Montgomery" March from Baltimore, Maryland to Washington, DC, and join Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sr., David Cobb, Granny D, and all those who are traveling from all across the country to attend the rallies and vigils in Washington DC on January 6th.