December 31, 2004

My Letter to My Senators

My Letter to My Senators (reprinted from December 9th):


Dear Senators Clinton and Schumer:

1. I and my wife are constituents of yours. 2. I am a lawyer by profession. 3. This year I worked as a voter protection hotline volunteer in Ohio from October 30th through November 2nd. 4. I learned of massive, systematic, flagrant disenfranchisement and voter suppression, affecting many hundreds of thousands of voters and would-be voters whose rights were trampled upon by criminals. 5. In addition, since the election, (a) I have learned of many other disenfranchisement techniques which occurred during and prior to the election, and (b) Secretary of State Blackwell has engaged in a systematic effort to defeat the Cobb/LaMarche recount from having any effect. 6 .It is clear to any thinking person that any set of electors appointed by Secretary Blackwell has not been lawfully selected. 7. In addition to what occurred in Ohio, there is overwhelming evidence that the State of Florida (a) engaged in many of the same techniques employed in 2000 there, and (b) engaged in a massive electronic vote tabulation fraud. 8. Accordingly, any electors sought to be seated by either Ohio or Florida are without authority under the law. 9. I am aware that you may not have the ability to prevent Mr. Bush from achieving a second unlawful coup d'etat, this one plunging our country irrevocably into dictatorship from its tradition of democracy. 10.But you are in a much better position than the rest of us to stand up and be counted so that history will be able to say which side you were on. 11.This matter is of such seriousness to us that I want to make it clear to you that if you fail to oppose the seating of the electors from the states of Florida and Ohio, as you failed to take action in 2000, my wife and I have determined that (a) we will never again vote for you, (b) we will never again contribute to your campaign, and (c) we will urge all our friends and relatives to do likewise.

Sincerely yours,


Ray Beckerman

No comments: